to-textr (pronounced 'to teckster' or just 'teckster' for short) was an online publishing platform for writers of all kinds.
What it did
to-textr was an attempt to create a very streamlined, simple online text editing environment using the demarcate text editor. Various formatting options were available and the website allowed:
- Create beautifully formatted documents, screenplays or slideshow presentations
- share these online
- keep private documents*
- synchronise with Dropbox*
- include $\LaTeX$ mathematics
- embed a "textr" in another web page
- edit Markdown in a WYSIWYG environment (not the traditional split preview pane)
In many ways, to-textr was trying to be what Medium has become.
How it was made
to-textr was built using Python and the Django framework. I never bothered to open source it!
- Registered users only